Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baby animal pics

This is not at all related to Little Rock. However, I am obsessed with baby animal pics, and therefore am posting anyway:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2010/07/20/GA2010072004668.html?wpisrc=nl_most

(Thank you, Washington Post and your consistently awesome slide shows.) I love the National Zoo in D.C. and often went for the sole purpose of observing baby Tai Shan (slide 16) and his mom. (You can do that when zoo entry is free!) Tai Shan was born in 2005 at the zoo. I was rather devastated to learn that he had to go back to China, but alas, he is a panda. And China is his native land.

1 comment:

  1. Glorious link L.R.S!! Loved the clouded leopards and bundle of ferrets! And yes, Tai Shan just had to go home. Sort of reminded me of that movie, Homeward Bound, that I watched as a kid, but with a panda instead. Heart Homeward Bound.

    ReplyDelete