Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Post-script

It's amazing how one place can become such a part of you. Ten years ago, I never would have imagined that my life would have taken me through Missouri and then to Little Rock. But here I am, at 26, filled with a bittersweet happiness that I discovered this place and had the chance to spend a few precious years here. In such a short time, I developed both a sense of place that I've never experienced anywhere else, as well as incredibly strong, close, undoubtedly lifelong friendships.

Given that I didn't start this blog until a few years after moving to Little Rock, I still have many stories to share. So, stop by once in a while; I plan to continue to post.

As I embark on the next stage, I am now more certain than ever of this: Our country is a diverse, fascinating and beautiful place. And you can't have a genuine appreciation of that until you've tasted raccoon in a high school gym way off the beaten path, attended Good Friday services in a mega-church, eaten fried pickles at the state fair, and been called "baby" by your boss - the Governor.

Come visit my new blog on life in D.C. at http://26minus5.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. We miss you so much, and you definitely better continue posting occasionally on this STLR blog! Glad y'all made it safely to D.C. I hope the unpacking is going well. We had wine on the patio at the condo compound last night and talked about how much we are going to miss you. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete